The job duties of a Team Manager varies based upon the needs of the Coach. GYLA appreciates any help you can provide a coach to make the season run smoothly. Take a moment prior to the start of the season to talk to the Coach about his or her needs and expectations. You may delegate some of your responsibilities to other parent volunteers on your team as needed. Your responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
1. Be the contact person if a player has a game or practice conflict.
2. Email team regarding practices, games, field times, etc.
3. Confirm in advance all home and away games.
4. Verify directions to away games.
5. Confirm in advance referees for all home games, and notify referees if a game is canceled (if the referee is not notified GYLA is still required to pay for his or her time).*
6. Coordinate team parents to work snack bar for home games played at GHS turf field.
7. Assist in soliciting a time keeper and score keeper for all home games.
8. Keep statistics if needed.
9. Ensure team news is reported to PR/Communications for publication in local papers.
10. Report scores to CONNY and website in timely manner.
11. Collect forms and payments as required.
12. Collect equipment/uniforms that are to be returned to the club.
*Team managers are responsible for payment of referees at the end of each home game. The GYLA Treasurer will supply each team with the funds needed at the beginning of the season. A signature and date of payment must be obtained from the referee paid after each game. A payment sheet and any excess money must be submitted to the Treasurer at the end of the season.