Back in October 2016, Guilford Youth Lacrosse initiated our first customer survey and received over 100 responses. Thank you for your participation. We value all of the feedback received and want to provide an update as we begin incorporating the learning. Of course, we cannot implement all of the ideas immediately as some require long term planning, organizational changes or funding that does not yet exist. The committee has initiated an action plan addressing the feedback received to improve the GYL experience for all members, providing additional instructional resources and increasing player learning and development opportunities.
* Create a coaching and resource form that lists all coaching positions. Populate positions from volunteer/paid high impact resources. This will identify any areas that may be deficient and assure all teams have required resources in place.
* Identify goals (skills players should possess as they progress) for each team/age group and provide informational resources and practice plans for coaches to utilize to achieve the goals.
* Initiate a 2017 preseason (boys and girls) lacrosse training program for all GYL players.
* Initiate an in-season specialty training skills/instruction program (i.e. goalie training, draws, face-offs, speed, conditioning, etc...) with regularly scheduled clinics to be taught by subject matter experts.
* Update website to provide direction and information for new people interested in GYL and a resource for all things lacrosse i.e. summer leagues, local teams/organizational info, links to other LAX resources.